At Discount Sprinkler Service, we value our customer’s time and we want to help them with efficiency. How do we do that you ask? Well, it’s simply by installing a sprinkler timer for your lawn. Sprinkler timers reduce your time in having to turn them on, or when you “don’t remember” to turn them on. Let’s be honest, turning on your sprinklers is not the first thing that comes to mind when you get home from work or school. That’s why it’s highly important for every homeowner to have a sprinkler timer installed into their homes, for automatic sprinkler service whenever it’s time for the lawn to be watered.
How to Install Sprinkler Timers
Here are easy steps to get your sprinkler timer installed in no time:
- Pick a location: When picking the right location you want to consider if the timer will need an outlet, or if it needs to be hardwired. Also, pick a location that’s convenient for you to access as well.
- Unpack your timer, remove the clock from the controller and detach the ribbon connector.
- If you are hard wiring the timer, cut off the power. Turn off breaker connecting to the wire. Double check the wires to be sure the electricity is turned off. If electricity is detected the volt-meter will give off an alarm. Take caution of any electric currents that may go off.
- Mount the cabinet at height level, or a comfortable height.
- Put the plastic inserts into the holes and tap with a hammer against the wall.
- Using screws mount the timer to the wall and connect the wires. Make a note for which wire is responsible for which zones.
- Re-mount the timer and re-attach the ribbon connector to the board. Don’t turn on the power until you have re-attached and re-mounted. Replace the cabinet door. The controller is now ready to operate.
Give us a Call
Installing a sprinkler timer can be somewhat time-consuming. If you are still unsure of what steps to take when installing your timer, give us a call and we can guide you through it, or stop by and help you ourselves. Make an appointment today. We love to help!